About Our Group
Self Advocacy Sydney is run by and for people with intellectual disabilities.
We want people to join our group because:
- We give everyone the chance to speak their mind
- You can make choices for yourself
- You can become a self advocate!
Projects we are working on include:
- Anger management
- Relationship training
- Going to the VALID conference and the SARU conference
- Running social activities
The issues SAS care about include:
- The issues faced by people with an intellectual disability
- Better access to the community
- The way people with an intellectual disability are treated in the community
“People with disabilities are the same as everyone else.”
Self Advocacy MattersSelf advocacy matters to our group because everyone has the right to make their own choices for themselves.
Meeting Times: Board meeting 10.30am -12.30pm
Social Club meeting: 10.00am -11.30am
Issues meeting: 11.00am – 1.00pm
- 200/level 2, 30-32 Campbell St Blacktown NSW 2148