Bendigo Have A Say is a self advocacy group run by and for people who receive support from Amicus Services.
We want people to join our group because:
- It is good to be in a group with others who have the same interests
- You can speak up for your rights
- We share information with others
- We get more confidence to deal with the issues faced by people with a disability
We also have guest speakers from government departments, disability services and disability agencies.
Have A Say projects include:
- Liaising with our local council
- Getting funding to improve the library service for people with a disability
- Staff training and communication tools
- Increasing the awareness of the needs of all service users
The issues Have A Say care about include:
- The lack of regional public transport
- Local community improvements for people with disabilities
- Raising self advocacy awareness
“We like meeting other people and hearing their stories.”
Self Advocacy Matters
Self advocacy matters because:
- Everyone has the right to complain if they are not happy or have issues
- It lets people know where they can get advice or support if they need it
Self Advocacy = Empowerment!!
We hold meetings every Tuesday from 9am -3pm.
Morning Tea and Arrival: 10.30 am – 11.00 am
Meeting: 11.00am -12.00pm
100 Queen Street