United Brains is a network of self-help, self advocacy and support groups for people with and Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) throughout Victoria.
We have joined together to share ideas, lobby for change and to raise community awareness about ABI.
United Brains works to:
- Share and coordinate information between ABI groups
- Find out what is important to people with an ABI across the state
- Provide information for people with an ABI looking to join a group
- Support new groups to get started
If you are part of a self-help, self advocacy or support group for people with an ABI anywhere in Victoria, you can be a part of the United Brains network.
The issues United Brains care about include:
- Linking together ABI self advocacy and support groups to share information and resources
- Working to find isolated individuals with an ABI in the broader community and providing opportunity to connect
- Having a strong cohesive voice to lobby government, community, employment agencies and medical services
“I am the same person on the inside but my friends think I have changed. United Brains develops strong friendships.”
“I still have many of the qualities I had before my injury, United Brains shows us how to develop an understanding with partners to rebuild our relationships.”
United Brains meets regularly
- Neil Cameron – 0404 830 664